STRETCH CEILINGS IN THE LIVING ROOM
The living room is a room, repair in which will allow you to place certain style accents, important for the overall perception of the interior, and playing an organizational role. It is in this room that the guests spend most of the time. The interesting design of this room will for a long time become a favorite topic for conversations of all friends and relatives.
Stretched ceiling in the living room
If you need to quickly and simply diversify the interior, then it is enough to install the original stretch ceilings in the living room. When choosing them, it is important to determine not only the design, but also the texture, color and shape. In this article, we will look at the installation of stretch ceilings in the living room.
The main competitor of suspended ceilings from plasterboard are stretch ceilings. Although with a competent approach, both types of coatings easily become "partners". A huge variety of textures and color solutions allows you to create unique masterpieces. Before the designers open up new spaces due to the ability of stretch ceilings to accept a wide variety of configurations.
White stretch ceiling in the living room
On the stretch ceiling in the living room, it's easy to apply old paintings or make a "real" sky or sea from the ceiling. Now in demand is volumetric printing - this is another plus of stretch ceilings. Luxurious landscapes, snow-white clouds or azure waves, photography or abstract drawing - the material will clearly convey all the features of the image. The variety of textures makes it possible to choose a cover for anyone, even the most capricious client. Consider what kind of material is available.
The film is mounted by heating and further stretching the material, which has become elastic, onto the frame. According to their texture, such paintings can be:
Glossy stretch ceiling in the living room
Gloss has reflective abilities. The ceiling, like a mirror, reflects all the furnishings, it has a bright surface and visually pushes the boundaries of space. The matte ceiling is similar to a high-quality painted or plastered surface, which does not completely dissipate the light. Satin - this is something in between the previous canvases, it creates a small light game due to its reflection properties.
Stretched ceiling - this is an ideal choice for all who want to transform beyond recognition the living room. The main advantages are easy to understand right after installation of the paintings. The features of stretch ceilings are:
- quick installation of the coating, after which there is no debris left;
- the possibility of implementing an infinite number of design ideas;
- long service life;
- a variety of textures and colors;
- simplicity of care;
- masking of defects and engineering communications.
These pluses have made stretch ceilings in the living room incredibly in demand in a variety of rooms.
When the textured features of the stretch ceiling in the living room became clear, you need to be defined with a color design. There are no specific rules here, but it is worthwhile to listen to general recommendations:
It is desirable to choose the coloring in the tone of the furniture situation, the decor of the floor and walls.
Color glossy stretch ceiling in the living room
It is better not to allow in the interior colors chosen spontaneously, when the general composition of the room is not thought out in advance. So you can get a design that will quickly get bored.
If you choose the color scheme of the stretch ceiling in the living room is difficult, then you can choose a neutral light tone (white, beige, peach).
FORM OF STRETCH CEILINGS
The stretch coating can be not only smooth. The shape of the canvas on the ceiling space is completely different:
- Traditional stretch ceiling. Classic stretch ceiling is a smooth and smooth surface, parallel to the floor or made at a certain angle. Such designs well align the imperfect base ceiling, which is difficult to bring to the desired state.
- Multilevel ceilings. Original and interesting in the interior look designs with several levels. In technical terms, their number is unlimited. Everything here depends on whether the ceiling is high or low. If the room is low, then do not make large piles. This form of ceiling allows zoning space and putting emphasis on the right places.
- Arched. With tension ceilings in the form of an arch, a smooth transition of the canvas from the ceiling to the wall is observed. With this technique, you can change the traditional rectangular shape of the doorway and make a very curious arch in the form of a dome.
- Bell. A fairly nontrivial and unordinary reception of the decoration of the ceiling space. With his help, you can create a spectacular ceiling, the shape of which from a flat to a three-dimensional. Such a tensioning structure visually raises the ceiling, the room acoustics improve.
- Cone-shaped. Very futuristic form, suitable not for every interior. In the central part of such a cone, a chandelier or other electrical appliance is usually installed.
- Wavy. Technically, this is a rather complicated form of decoration, since the profile for fixing has to be bent in a special way, but the effect can not but rejoice. Curvilinearly curved ceiling, especially if it is made in turquoise or blue tones, resembles sea waves.
DESIGN OF THE STRETCH CEILING IN THE LIVING ROOM
The style and color of the ceiling zone should be in harmony with other interior details, furniture and wall or floor finish. Before choosing stretch ceilings in the living room you need to decide on the tasks that the room will solve. If this is only a separate room, intended for meeting guests, then the ceiling should be a single composition. When combining a living room with an office or a bedroom, you will need to differentiate the ceiling surface from the zones.
Two-level suspended ceiling
The appearance of the stretch ceiling should fit the general decor of the living room and not violate its style. With a classic design, the ceiling structure must have strict geometric shapes. Matte or satin ceilings are suitable here.
If the room is decorated with modern styles, then glossy ones are ideal. But for a rural interior, such ceilings are not something that does not fit, here they will simply be contraindicated. In any interior, two-level ceilings look good, with such design it is possible to achieve really interesting results.
GLOSS: THE LUXURIOUS OPTION OF THE DESIGN OF THE LIVING ROOM
Glossy stretch ceilings are suitable for various interiors. The bright surface of the material gives the room a unique look and visually increases it. When choosing a color, you should carefully use dark colors if you plan to place the paintings in a small room. Exclusively look combinations of different textures. With a combination of glossy and matte materials, you can achieve unusual and original interiors.
BRIGHT DETAILS IN THE LIVING ROOM
Photo printing will be the main element in the interior of the living room, which will attract attention and delight. It is applied to all kinds of stretch fabrics. On fabric materials, the images look like paintings of artists. Drawings are clear, you can even apply your own photos. For the living room it is desirable to use abstract and floral patterns, pictures that mimic murals. Figures should be combined with the rest of the living room or its individual details.
ORGANIZATION OF LIGHTING IN THE LIVING ROOM
The design solution of the lighting circuit has a number of features that are associated with the properties of stretch ceilings in the living room. Film coatings are strong enough, but they do not tolerate elevated temperatures, so you should avoid installing high-power incandescent lamps. With strong and frequent heating, the tension coatings lose their properties, the web deforms. Devices should be located at a height of 25 cm from the cover.
For suspended ceilings in the living room, it is advisable to use energy-saving or diode lamps. Fixture fixtures occur before installing the film. When installing the canvas, it makes holes in the places where the instruments are located.
There are several variations of the lighting in the room:
- In the center of the room. The chandelier in the central part of the living room will create basic lighting. It can be supplemented with floor or wall-mounted electrical appliances.
- Pointed. Lighting fixtures are attached around the perimeter of the room or in random order throughout the entire area of the stretcher. It is possible to place the lamps according to a certain, preconceived scheme.
- Contouring. For such an option, a diode band is used, which is fixed along the contour of the web. Thus you can achieve the effect of soaring, that is, as if suspended in the air ceiling. The tape gives a calm light, does not spoil the coating, besides it can change color.
- Raster image. Lamps with reflective plates allow you to get bright lighting. But they should be placed only in large rooms.
Using the above options together allows you to create not only spectacular, but also functional lighting schemes.
LIGHTING DEVICES FOR LIVING ROOM
An important issue remains the selection of lighting devices. For rooms of large areas and wide sizes, it is appropriate to spotlight around the perimeter and a chandelier installed in the center. When dividing the living room into several zones, central lighting is created in each of them. For small rooms it is better to choose one type of lighting. Let's give some useful recommendations:
Massive and luxuriously designed chandeliers are best installed in living rooms decorated in classical, oriental or colonial styles.
- Optical fiber allows you to achieve the effect of the sky on the ceiling, which looks unusual and interesting enough.
- Built-in lamps and diode tapes are suitable for ultra-modern rooms.
- For strict interiors, low-key vintage chandeliers are suitable.
- Original instruments made of metal or wood are ideal for marine, ethnic or African styles.
- In conclusion, we add that for stretch ceilings in the living room, spot lights are ideal.
They give an even light, they do not warm themselves, they can zonate space, they save energy. Such devices can be of various shapes and sizes. It all depends on the design of the living room. The main element of the decor is the chandelier, but you should not choose the device with shades, directed upwards, to avoid heating the canvas.