STRETCH CEILINGS WITH 3D EFFECT
Designers take full advantage of sophisticated modern technologies to create fantastic interiors. One of the options for creating a ceiling surface is to use the 3D effect on stretch fabrics. It is based on the ability of the eye of a person to see the objects placed side by side in relief and volumetric. To create such designs, both fabric and film stretch fabrics with a variety of textures are used.
What is a 3D Stretch Ceiling ?
In the structural plan 3D stretch ceilings do not differ from the usual paintings. They are similarly installed with the help of a baguette or profile structure, as a fastener a harpoon or pinch system is used. The main difference is the presence of a three-dimensional image, which turns a simple tensioning cloth into an animated picture. The basis of such realistic graphics is a canvas made in any color solutions, there are no restrictions, it all depends on the imagination of the designer and the client's preferences.
Modern technology of 3D-architecture makes it possible to create three-dimensional images. The theme of the picture can be quite diverse, here too, there are no borders. Images are applied not only to the stretch ceiling, the pattern is developed further with the transition to the walls. So it gets to create a harmonious and incredibly attractive interior even in a small room.
ADVANTAGES OF 3D CEILINGS
To list all the advantages of such a ceiling finish can be a long time, we will call important points:
- Easy maintenance. 3D ceilings almost do not need care. The surface has an antistatic coating, so the material does not accumulate dust. Any dirt is easily removed by special means.
- Resistance to external factors. 3D ceilings tolerate moisture, sharp temperature changes, sun rays.
- Long service life. When choosing a quality material from a reliable manufacturer, the ceilings will last 10-15 years. This is especially appreciated by customers who want to forget about repair for a long time.
- Original visual effect. Thanks to 3D-ceilings it is possible to visually increase the space. Due to the drawing or the original form, you can easily "play" with the room's volumes.
- Quick installation. Installation of 3D stretch ceilings is fast enough, after its end there is almost no debris.
- Ecological compatibility. The material of the stretch cloth, coloring and other components of the structure do not pose a health hazard.
- High degree of protection. Dense stretch can protect the room from flooding and preserve the integrity of furniture and other options for finishing the room.
- Hiding of engineering communications and imperfections of the black ceiling due to tension material.
TECHNOLOGY OF PRODUCTION 3D STRETCH CEILINGS
3-dimensional stretch ceilings are created both on the fabric and on the film. Today, you can print on the canvas of any image. Modeling is carried out in special programs, where you can see how it will look in bulk form by drawing an image. Such computer applications make it possible to present the planned drawing with utmost clarity, to see it from all angles, to see even tiny details, to pick up the color design and to prepare a sketch of each part of the canvas.
The picture is printed on a specialized printer capable of reproducing widescreen resolution on the canvas. The image is applied both to the entire canvas and to its individual parts.
All types of stretch fabrics are suitable for printing. But it is worth considering that the film material is limited to a width of 5 meters. In the premises of significant areas it will be necessary either to make the picture fit, or to apply other material. It is often the practice of installing ceilings with several levels, where additional material is gypsum board. To increase the volume of the image, correctly selected lighting devices help.
3D-technology implies drawing the image on the canvas in a compressed form. In other words, only after work on mounting the canvas will you be able to see all the beauty of the design intent.
The most elementary option for creating 3D stretch ceilings is photo printing. There is no need to create the most complicated forms, besides such canvases can be mounted in low rooms. A more complicated variant is the combination of a tensioning cloth and suspended gypsum plasterboard structures installed on profiles. Here the flight of design fantasy simply has no boundaries. Guides can be installed at different angles and levels, have sharply or smoothly designed transitions, be flat or vice versa with a reinforced volume.
KINDS OF 3D CEILINGS
Using voluminous paintings allows you to fill the room with light and air. This design helps to make a small room more beautiful and large, even if the height of its ceilings leaves much to be desired. You can decorate the bedroom in unusual light colors, which change their shade depending on the lighting. For children, you can create simply fabulous rooms, where their favorite characters and heroes will dwell. And the living room with the original three-dimensional ornament on the ceiling will turn into a real palace.
There are several basic techniques that designers use to create 3D stretch ceilings:
- Conical - with this visual effect it seems that the water drips from the ceiling or the impression of being in a stalactite cave appears. The conical top can be supplemented by lamps. The lower part of this design often has the form of a beveled plane of the most varied shape (square, round, oval, rectangular).
- Arched - this option assumes a smooth transition of the pattern from the walls to the stretch ceiling. So you can achieve the effect of roundness. The radius is chosen depending on the design idea, it can be completely different. Often use images, where alternate arches with different radii. So you can visually increase the room. And the arches placed around the perimeter of the room create dome structures.
- Wave is a special technical execution of 3D suspended ceilings, when the fastening of the canvas to the wall is carried out by curved waveforms. The self-tensioning ceiling cover also takes the form of waves of one or different sizes. It turns out the effect of sand dunes or sea waves, running in different directions. This is quite a complicated technique for creating 3D hanging ceilings, but at the same time, it allows to achieve a surprising effect.
- A drop;
This is by no means all possible ways of creating 3D hanging ceilings, designers manage to realize absolutely fantastic ideas, where the forms are so intricately intertwined with each other that it is difficult to understand where the beginning of one figure and the end of another. In the photo of 3D tension ceilings, you can see absolutely fantastic shapes that strike with their realism.
Themes of drawings and photos are selected depending on the artistic design. Flowers motifs, images of animals, butterflies, birds are widespread. Popular decoration of the ceiling in the style of a starry, cloudy or cosmic sky. The picture is selected taking into account the interior features and personal preferences of the client.
For large rooms, decorated in a classical style, reproductions of paintings are very suitable. For children on canvases it is good to put fabulous or animated characters of different colors. In the bedrooms look great three-dimensional flowers or photo landscapes.
The image can be placed around the entire stretch fabric, in its center or corner. The expressiveness of the image depends on the dimensions. Excellent move - use a three-dimensional image to zoning the room.
DOUBLE PRINTING AND CASING
The technique of double printing is used to decorate ceilings with a transparent effect. With this technology to create 3D stretch ceilings, two canvases are needed. The picture itself is applied in an original way. The main image is superimposed on the upper tension web, and on the bottom are additional elements that make the main image particularly expressive, and perforation. It is thanks to the lower layer that it is possible to achieve a three-dimensional effect.
There is another way to create 3-dimensional stretch ceilings - the use of additional elements. To create volume, various designs are developed, on which the web is stretched. So the 3D effect is achieved not through the applied photo or drawing, but thanks to a special form.
When creating 3D stretch ceilings, which can easily be called real works of art, you can realize almost any idea of the designer or client. This non-standard approach to interior design allows you to create unique masterpieces at a low price, causing delight, surprise and attracting everyone's attention.