Floating stretch ceilings - what is it?
In order to understand what this innovation is - floating stretch ceilings, it is necessary to understand its design. Canvas floating ceiling differs from other known stretch ceilings, and has a different mounting scheme. To create a floating effect around the perimeter between the wall and the ceiling, there should be a small gap in which the backlight will be installed. It can be both daylight and multi-colored lights. Thanks to this arrangement of the ceiling system, the rays of light will separate the ceiling from the wall, just creating the effect of its soaring in zero gravity.
Its undeniable advantages, in addition to the feeling of soaring, are:
- The visual feeling of being in a streamlined room, this effect is created due to a small masking of right angles with rays of light.
- Visually expanding space.
- The soaring ceiling can be made in different colors, this also applies to the backlight, which can be impulsively delivered, giving a sense of celebration to people in it.
- Canvas soaring ceiling does not have to be monotonous, you can use photo printing. Incredible sensations will give you a ceiling soaring in the air with the image of a starry sky. Many followers of the classic style or more relaxed design decisions change their point of view when they see a chic effect of the soaring ceiling.
- Floating ceilings can be of any shape, using curved structures, which will help to translate into reality many of the most original ideas.
- The use of LED backlighting saves money on lighting.
- Installation of soaring ceilings is made quite easily and quickly.
- In comparison with other types of stretch ceilings, the cost of a soaring ceiling is quite affordable.
General characteristics and types of structures
Anyone who saw a photo or a live room with such a ceiling cover could not take his eyes off it. The usual stretch ceiling already surprises nobody, but soaring is an innovation. In contrast to the classic, it is not on the entire area of the room. Between the edge of the first level of coverage and the wall is left a gap, which is highlighted by LED tape.
For the construction of such structures, you can use either sheets of drywall, or a special stretch fabric. Both of these options have certain specific features that need to be considered when performing work.
In addition to shapes and different colors, such floating surfaces may differ in the number of levels. In general, there are three types:
- single level;
- two levels;
The first option is the simplest: the ceiling is installed on a single plane. It can be made of drywall or tension (instead of sheets of drywall used a special fabric or film).
The two-level floating coating is made according to the following scheme: first, the primary frame is constructed, and the second level is mounted on it. Accordingly, the multilevel type is also established, the only difference is in the used fasteners. Such ceilings, if they are installed correctly, will surprise, and also create a unique atmosphere in your room.
The advantages of floating suspended ceilings
In addition to its beautiful appearance, this ceiling has the following advantages over other types:
- With this design solution, you can lubricate sharp and right angles;
- the room space becomes visually larger (this is especially noticeable in the photo of the premises with the backlight on);
- When installing tension coverings, you can use different color solutions both in choosing the design of the structure itself and in choosing the light: you can take plots of various shades, use color prints (the ceiling with the light and the image of the starry sky is especially popular);
- a variety of forms which will allow to embody the most courageous ideas;
- LED lighting will save a little on the consumption of electrical energy when illuminating the room;
- easy installation process, which can be easily mastered by a person who first started installing ceilings;
- compared to other types of ceiling, soaring is quite affordable from a financial point of view.
Among the shortcomings it can be noted that such a work of art will not look good in every room. For small (for example, kitchens) rooms, it is better to choose another type, which would allow to visually enlarge the space.
Where is used?
- high tech;
Application in the interior
Installation of floating suspended ceilings
- ake careful measurements,
- design frame
- based on all data, procure the necessary materials.
Illumination - the main element
Tension and suspension structures, with or without lighting, are not such a rarity. But hovering is still a wonder. But to build them quite simply and without any special tools. You only need to perform the correct measurements and follow the installation instructions.
The main lighting element for floating ceilings is an LED strip that can be a source of both main and additional lighting. For small rooms, such as a corridor, it is quite enough, but if you wish, you can add separate wall or spotlights, reinforced in the canvas (photos of soaring stretch ceilings are easy to find on the Internet). This combination of lighting devices is also suitable for creating a decor for a bedroom where no bright light is needed.
For a living room or rooms of considerable size, in addition to lighting, it is rational to use a chandelier placed in the center, panel lighting or built-in lights. Lights can replace natural light in rooms with no windows. Control is carried out either by using an ordinary switch or a remote device. The cozy glow of the soaring stretch ceiling can be a nightlight for the baby. For the design of a child it is good to use not a monochrome canvas, but a ceiling with a photo printing. As a picture fit funny animals or favorite fairy-tale characters of the baby. Look good in the interior design in the style of a starry, cosmic or cloudy sky.
LED strips can not emit stray light, and create the effect of a moving wave or pulsation, which will be relevant when holding a holiday or a party.
Tapes are sold with a different number of LEDs per item footage. Choosing the tape with a large number of LEDs (140-200), you can achieve the desired brightness of the backlight. Conversely, ribbons with a small number of LEDs (30-60) allow you to get dimmed lighting and create a quiet romantic atmosphere in the room.
With the help of RGB tapes it is possible to achieve a different color of illumination. In the mood you can turn on blue, yellow, red light (from 4 to 20 options) and thus change the atmosphere in the room.
PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN
The color scheme of the floating structure can be different (photos of examples of interiors are easy to find on the Internet). There are several indicative points to rely on:
For spacious rooms, it is not at all necessary to select a tone for the soaring ceiling that fully coincides with the coloring of the interior design of the entire room. The ceiling can be made contrast, so it will turn out to make a good color accent.
The textured surface of the material can absolutely anyone. Looks good gloss or satin, matte canvases are great for finishing. Connoisseurs of exclusive interior decoration will like photo printing or painting.
When choosing building materials for the ceiling, it is better to use 2-3 colors. Excessive number of shades will not be easy to combine with each other.
In small rooms it is good to use glossy canvas. They visually enlarge the room. The floating design in this case will create an effect of infinity ceiling.
Dark shades should not be used, especially black, brown, gray and blue. Dark shades will "crush" and cause discomfort.
The price for floating stretch ceilings
The cost per 1 meter of floating stretch ceilings and floating lines starts from 200 AED . This price also includes a special profile for the floating ceiling and LED strip. What glossy stretch ceilings are, read on our website.
Where to buy floating ceilings?
Where to buy Floating Stretch Ceiling in Dubai:
Conctact our company for information or assistance on our contacts or emails or on our website .
Let's sum up
The appearance of floating structures made it possible to realize the most intricate design ideas, and bring the stretch ceilings to a fundamentally new level. Thanks to a simple but very curious design, it is possible to mask all the imperfections of the draft ceiling and to work with the visual perception of the room. A soaring stretch ceiling is a real find for designers and fans of impressive design.